JESUS SAID -- The Story Behind My Parody of Quiet Riot's "Metal Health"

In this vid I share the story behind "JESUS SAID,” m Christ-honoring Parody of Quiet Riot’s early 80s metal hit—Metal Health, A.K.A. “Bang Your Head.”  This song is part of my 2016 Christian Metal Parody album, Storm The Gates (available everywhere :-).  This song is all about the awesome reality that Jesus said, “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (The Bible, John 3:16).

How awesome is that?

I will never forget seeing Quiet Riot live in Market Square Arena in Indianapolis, IN in 1983 on the Metal Health Tour.  They were an amazing three-piece band!  I remember Rudy Sarzo laying his bass on the stage and playing it "piano-style" at one point... Carlos Cavazo was an impressive guitar player.  Frankie Banali was a rock-solid drummer and of course, Kevin Dubrow had that huge personality that was next to impossible to ignore!

It was a pure honor to parody this song.  My goal was to pay tribute to the musicians who played a big role in inspiring me to become a musician---and also to redeem the message in a way that would exalt and honor my Lord, Jesus Christ.  Enjoy--and may it totally Rock You Up for Jesus!
Want to learn how to play ROCK GUITAR?
I highly recomend 
JamPlay Online Lessons!
Blessings,
pb

No comments:

Post a Comment