April 26, 2016

Jesus Rock Solid--Parody of Detroit Rock City--Release THIS FRIDAY, April 29!


KISS was a giant musical influence on me as a kid back in the 70s. When KISS Alive 2 came out--with that amazing shot KISS in concert--spread across the entire center of that double album I was one-hundred-percent mesmerized. If you're a fan, you know that track one on that album was Detroit Rock City--and it's had a special place in my musical influence catalogue ever since!

My goal with this song was three-fold: 

1) I wanted to pay homage to the musicians who impacted my life in huge ways and played a significant role in influencing me to become a musician myself.

2) I wanted to honor Jesus--the great Redeemer--by redeeming the message of the song. The original song was about a kid who dies in a car accident (according to the stories I've heard) on his way to a KISS concert. The lyrics to Jesus Rock Solid proclaim the Lordship and majesty of the Author of Life--who will return some day to judge the living and the dead and usher in a glorious new creation.

3) I wanted to put just a little Pastor Brad spin on the performance--I think that comes through. I'm really happy with the way this one turned out. I hope it will totally Rock You Up for Jesus! Thanks for taking the time to check this out.

You can get the song at pastorbradrocks.net THIS FRIDAY!  And on that same day -- it goes live on YouTube!

Follow me on Spotify!
Until next time,
80s Old-School Christian Metal & Instrumental Shred Guitar Blessings!
pb
GuitarJams.Net
BradWindlan.Com

No comments:

Post a Comment